Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Synopsis

So, dear readers, I have neglected to write the past few days. Of course, I couldn't come up with a witty blog title today, so I'm doing just what I said- writing a synopsis of the past few days. Included are questions for YOU.

The birds: As Trask, Shauna and Taylor can confirm, Sapphire and Topaz are two wild, wild feathered friends. They are still not warming up to me, instead they insist on creating a freak show appropriate for the circus everytime I try to handle them. Oh, the shame! As if their insane wing flapping and pecking is not enough, they insist on making their room look like millet manna fallen straight from the heavens.

The toddler: We've officially entered the stage where we are testing limits. It is the craziest thing- we go from huggies and kisses to slapping mama in the face. Ugh. However, I have my battle plan, and this too shall pass. Despite the trying times, I wouldn't trade a single thing! Our daughter is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me!

The holidays: Ok, so Shauna and I have been emailing back and forth about how to handle the holidays. Every year seems more and more stressful. It is trying to set that careful balance between trying to please both families. I am so done with that. This year a new plan will be implemented. What do you do to stay sane during the holidays??

Debt, how I hate thee: As we all know, times are lean right now. The economy sucks, and I think we all feel the effects from it. Aaron and I are working on trying to get out of debt, and boy is it hard! I am always, always interested in hearing ideas on how to save money, etc. Come on you frugal friends- I know you're out there!

The honey: My sweetheart is taking part 2 of his 4 part CPA test today- right now in fact. He is working so hard, and we SO cannot wait for this to be over. He has been in school our entire relationship, and it will be a blessing when he is done with this. McKenna and I won't know what to do when we actually have daddy around to play with us! Another note concerning Aaron. Anyone who knows him knows that he will always make sure to finish all leftovers (he should have been born in the depression era). So, I have a new nickname for him: Templeton. He is the rat from Charlotte's Web. I say it in the most appropriate and loving way, but still find it really funny. Do any of your significant other's have funny things they do?

OK, that's it. It is after 4pm, and my brain is kaput! I will be better about writing this week :-)

No comments: