Friday, October 10, 2008

Decorating- what's your style???

So, through help from Shauna and Amie, I am tackling my back bedroom. Listen, there is a reason that we usually keep the door closed to that room. It is a big room of nothingness. So, I figured we'd been living in this house for almost 3 years, it is time to do something with it. My dear friends decided that the room would look great done in shabby chic with some Southern influences. I loved the idea. So, I will post before and after pics. Mind you, I am NOT crafty. So, this is all new to me. I will be painting furniture, distressing it, etc. This could go a number of ways. Say a prayer for me- and sprinkle a little craft success dust my way! Also, did I mention that my budget (for now) is $50??? Later, we may put in different flooring, and that will add. But the initial cost is crazy. Let's see if I can do it. My plan is to reuse pieces around the house, and find a new use for them.

So, I want to know what your style is?? Overall, I am a pretty traditional/fancy kinda gal. I love the gold, burgandy, brown tones. What about you?? Also, do you have any really neat decorating ideas that you've done before? Cheap things that have really added to a room? How about pieces you've restored into something new? Let's hear from all of you creative geniuses out there. I KNOW who you are :-)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

my style is ever-changing and evolving, but one thing remains: calm and relaxed and fun. oh, and serious. Perhaps not that. um, but cheap is what is in now. not cheap, but free, actually. ugh.